Terms & Conditions
(*) a recommended number of 12 lessons of preparation per term.
- Students should arrive on time for the start of their lesson and must wear the correct NKBS uniform in all lessons and exams. Hair must be groomed in a bun or neatly tied back off the face.
- Students must be collected promptly at the end of their lesson, the NKBS will not be responsible for students once their lesson has finished. Students not collected promptly at the end of class will be charged for the students care at the private lesson rate.
- Students are expected to treat each other and their teachers with respect and courtesy; any inappropriate behaviour will result in the student being dismissed from the school.
- A students place within the school is dependent on good behaviour and attendance. Notice of absence should be given via telephone or email at the earliest opportunity.
- Students need to be aware that NKBS uses private leisure facilities and therefore respect should be shown to all members of the venue, especially when using the changing room facilities. Young children should not be left unsupervised in the changing facilities.
- NKBS cannot accept responsibility for any injury or losses incurred whilst in the premises.
- Sibling will be eligible to a 10% discount that will be applied to the sibling with the lower fee.
- All fees must be paid in full by the first week of term. Failure to pay on time will result in a penalty of 10% of the fees outstanding being added each week. Late payments will not be eligible for any discount.
- 48 hour notice is required to cancel private lessons, otherwise the student will be charged the full amount.
- A full terms notice is required, in writing, of the students intention to leave the school. Failure to give sufficient notice will result in a full terms fees being charged.
- In order to teach ballet correctly, occasionally there will be physical contact, i.e. to get the student into the correct position. Although we aim to make these corrections with due care and respect for dignity, they will take place as part of class training. If any parent who has an issue with this matter or would like to discuss this may speak to the teacher directly.
- In the unlikely event of an accident or extreme illness (even if we are unable to contact parents/guardians) we will act in loco parentis and take whatever action is necessary in the best interest of the child.
- If a student is unable to attend a lesson for whatever reason, we do not offer a replacement or substitute class, if a student wishes to attend an additional class on a temporary basis this will be charged in addition to normal fees.
- If the student is unable to participate in the School Show or official examinations, it must be notified by email 6 weeks before the event. Failure to do so will result in charging the full amount of exam fees and show costs. Natalia Kremen Ballet School LTD Registration Form 2015
- Uniform and accessories should be purchased directly from NKBS. Costumes for performances can be either bought or hired through NKBS only (with agreed exceptions). Failure to return a hired costume in good condition will result in the full price of such costume being charged.
- Participation in all solo, group performances and examinations are at the discretion of School Director. Failure to attend enough classes may result in the student being withdrawn from the show or exam*; however, in this situation costs will still be liable. NKBS reserve the right to make the final decision dependant on a student’s level and capabilities to perform.
- NKBS reserves the right to substitute an appropriately experienced teacher to provide cover for group and private classes as and when required.
- Should a Class size drop to less 6 Students, NKBS reserves the right to restructure fees.
- All solo and small group pieces will be choreographed and practiced within regular weekly private lesson time. NKBS cannot prepare students for solo performances at short notice; however, if there is teacher and studio space available, we will try our best to accommodate ad hoc private lessons for solo performance work. Under these circumstances, there must be a minimum of 6 private classes agreed but, depending on the student’s level and ability, more may be required and will be discussed at the time.
- All solo and group pieces will be choreographed by and in association with NKBS. Any pieces choreographed outside the NKBS will only be allowed with permission of the School Director. If you would like to arrange a private lesson please contact NKBS directly by phone or email at email@example.com
- It is not advisable for students to train at other schools whilst at NKBS as it can create conflicts with the way the child is trained and the use of techniques. Student wishing to undertake an associate programme or lessons outside NKBS should first discuss this directly with School Director before starting such training.
- NKBS reserves the right to make changes to the Terms and Conditions as and when appropriate. Parents and carers will be notified and asked to sign new documentation.
Fees for the term are to be paid in advance. Each term period runs for 11-13 weeks Cheques payable to: Natalia Kremen Ballet School
Please make your cheque payable to Natalia Kremen Ballet School, with your child’s name written at the back of the cheque. A £25 charge will incur on all returned cheques. Direct transfer:
- Name: NATALIAKREMENBALLETSCHOOL LTD
- Bank: BARCLAYS
- Bank Account No: 43902382
- Sort Code: 20 - 47 - 39
Please ensure that your child’s name is given in the narrative so we are able to identify the sender